Sunday, November 16, 2014

Essay 4 Proposal

For essay four I will be expanding on the first essay that we did about gender roles in advertisement. I chose this essay because I feel like I did not mentioned enough examples on my first essay and I also feel like it will be easier to expand my ideas on this essay. I will be analysing another commercial on "Weight Watchers" and one on a Victoria Secret commercial.  I will be explaining how the idea of Steve Craig's "women's women" is expressed on these two commercials.

Key Terms:
1- gender roles in advertisement
2- feminism on television
3- Victoria's Secret commercial
4- weight watchers commercial
5- male vs female commercials

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a good idea to use new examples in your expansion but maybe you could include another category in Steve Craig's article. It seems like your focus is now how women are portrayed in advertisement so you could incorporate examples from the "men's women." Examples for those commercials shouldn't be hard to find. Carl's Jr. is a famous one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony has good feedback here. Your first key term search (gender and advertising) is probably your best bet, but you will find online article (like from Slate, etc.) on the Victoria's Secret campaigns. I am not sure that the two ads will be enough material for you to make your claim. Aim to use many to make a larger claim about how women are featured in advertising.

    ReplyDelete